Tuesday, July 27, 2010

See!!! Not Everyone Hates You!

Chris Low, over at ESPN's SEC Blog just finished up a piece about trying to find the No. 3 team in the SEC, behind (of course) Alabama and Florida.

And he had some very reasonable things to say about UGA's squad...

"For the time being, I'm going with Georgia as my third choice in the league. I think the defense will be better under Todd Grantham, and I like all the different pieces the Bulldogs have around redshirt freshman Aaron Murray on offense.

In some ways, this sort of feels like 2005 when the Bulldogs last won an SEC championship. D.J. Shockley was a first-time starter at quarterback that season, but had been around for a while. That's the difference. "

I think we pretty much ALL agree with the thought that the defense will be better under Coach Grantham, and like everybody else (including the Head Dawg himself) has been saying, it all depends on whether Aaron Murray can stand up to the challenge that is playing SEC football.

The thing that I love so much about all the ho-hum prognostication coming from the big media sources, about Coach Richt's seat and basically how "they'll never catch Florida, so it doesn't really matter" is, we were so far under the radar after the Dynasty of David(s), nobody even cared to notice how good D.J. Shockley was, and we won the SEC. With 91% of our offensive starters returning, and Coach Bobo starting to demand his paycheck, I like our chances to move the ball even if Aaron Murray takes a few games to loosen up. All I know is I will be in Columbia come September 11, and it can not get here any sooner.

For the mean time, fall practice is set to begin (without Akeem Dent, sadly) and I cannot wait to hear what those who actually do this for a living have to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment