Monday, June 15, 2009

Soupkitchens for Everyone?

Apparently, Soup-lines have opened up, not just for the homeless and needy, but for people who can afford a phone.

Maybe this guy was just trying to get a free meal, and isn't really homeless, but at the sight of the First Lady, became overwhelmed with excitement and forgot about his 'homeless' gig.
The frustrating thing to try and wrap my mind around is that I pay my taxes so homeless people can eat. And of all people to plaster a smile on their face for a photo-op while working a Soup-kitchen, it's Michelle Obama. I know the lady is well-educated, but the lack of her irony detection is astounding.

Do they not have any kind of stipulations for entering a homeless shelter? Is there one in my neighborhood? I get hungry when I have no money, but I manage.


Boy this is maddening. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment